Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Google Drawings as Links On a Google Site

A coworker of mine showed me this tip.  Instead of creating a hyperlink to a piece of plain old text, create a Google Drawing and attach hyperlinks to images and text in it to improve the look of your website.

I created a table with my school schedule in Google Drawings and then hyperlinked the picture or wordart to a webpage.
Now just embed the Google Drawing into your Google Site and when they click on the linked image it will take them to the corresponding URL.  Just make sure the Google Drawing is public.  The Google Drawing will also automatically update on the Google Site if you make changes to the Google Drawing.  This has really cleaned up my homepage.


1 comment:

  1. My student started a project to make an interactive periodic table using Google drawing

    ReplyDelete