Friday, March 21, 2014

Consolidate Your Bookmarks


If you are anything like me your bookmarks bar in chrome can fill up very fast.  But then, at a Google conference, one of the presenters showed how to make your bookmarks ICONS instead of an "icon and name."  This works great for bookmarks that have their own distinct icon like Gmail, Drive and PowerTeacher.



Here is the short version: Right click a bookmark, choose "edit" and delete the name.  Click "save" and you are done.  For bookmarks that have the same icon attach a letter in the name for the bookmark.  For example, for PowerTeacher I have the icon and the letter "T" for my bookmark and for PowerSchool I have the icon and the letter "S."  Great way to save space and to have access to many more bookmarks than I had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment